TWO FIFTY ONE BRINGS NEW ENERGY TO SOUTHWARK BRIDGE ROAD
TWO FIFTY ONE Southwark Bridge Road, situated in the heart of Southwark, a stunning 41-storey residential tower, offering 270 private studio, 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments, with fabulous views over London. There is also a private residents’ gymnasium/thermal suite, private cinema, meeting spaces and restaurant.
TWO FIFTY ONE is an outstanding place to buy an apartment within Zone 1, but in a location where values are rising through the regeneration of Elephant & Castle.
Southwark is undergoing an unprecedented and extensive regeneration process, making it one of the most dynamic and exciting areas of London. Just minutes from the South Bank, Westminster, Chelsea, the West End and the City – and local transport links are excellent, next to the Elephant & Castle Underground stations, and Overground rail links nearby; there is also ease of access to Canary Wharf from London Bridge station only 5 minutes away by bus. The new CS7 Cycle Superhighway also passes TWO FIFTY ONE on Southwark Bridge Road on its way to King’s Cross.
CONNECTIVITY – A PERFECT LOCATION
TWO FIFTY ONE benefits from a superb central London location, with principal commercial, leisure and shopping areas all within easy reach by public transport.
TWO FIFTY ONE is located at the junction of two major roads into central London: from the east, Newington Causeway connects to London Bridge, Borough Market and The Shard; whilst from the west, Southwark Bridge Road is the route of the CS7 Cycle Superhighway to King’s Cross.
PLEASE NOTE: LOCATIONS ON THIS MAP ARE PLACED IN ACCORDANCE WITH TIME TAKEN TO REACH THEM FROM TWO FIFTY ONE; THEY ARE NOT PLACED IN PRECISE GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATIONS.
Places of interest
Proposed Underground stations
CS7 Cycle Super highway (Merton to Kings Cross)
CS7 Cycle Super highway (proposed)
Time taken from Elephant & Castle to destination by Underground Tube line Source: www.journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk
Ministry of Sound, 103 Gaunt Street, London SE1 6DP
1. Tower Bridge
2. London Bridge
3. Southwark Bridge
4. Millennium Bridge
5. Blackfriars Bridge
6. Garden Bridge (proposed)
7. Waterloo Bridge
8. Westminster Bridge
9. Lambeth Bridge
10. Vauxhall Bridge
11. Chelsea Bridge
Southbank University campus
Elephant & Castle Underground station North entrance
Elephant & Castle Underground station South entrance
Elephant & Castle Overground station
Ministry of Sound, 103 Gaunt Street, London SE1 6DP
The Elephant and Castle is London’s most central regeneration area. The area is about a mile from both the Palace of Westminster and the Bank of England; it marks the southern boundary of the Congestion Charge zone for motorists entering the city centre, and falls within the Parliamentary division bell.
Southwark Council has commenced a £1.5 billion improvement programme for the area, and once the 170-acre regeneration project has been completed, Elephant & Castle will benefit from a pedestrian-friendly town centre, plus London’s largest new park, and a market square – in total, nearly two million square feet of new commercial and leisure space. In addition, the housing stock will have quadrupled, with 5,300 new homes in six ‘character areas’.
The spectacular and iconic Shard will act as the core for a new business district forming around London Bridge station, which is undergoing an ambitious £700 million makeover, requiring new viaducts through Southwark’s ancient Borough Market.
Already a development ripple is spreading from the Thames into the triangle formed by Waterloo, London Bridge and Elephant & Castle. The area is becoming smart and desirable, with warehouses and railway arches turning into design studios and galleries. Derelict parking sites and redundant office blocks are being redeveloped into boutique homes. Restaurants such as Union Street Café, a new Gordon Ramsay eatery, are drawing fashionable people to the area.
A proposed extension of the Bakerloo line from Elephant & Castle along Old Kent Road to suburban south-east London will further enhance the area.
A Dutch-style cycle super-highway through SE1 and across the Thames will provide a major transport boost to the area. The cycle super-highway is being created along a busy arterial route running from Elephant & Castle via, Smithfield and Farringdon, to King’s Cross, and is expected to be complete by 2017.
TWO FIFTY ONE makes its own impact on its immediate environment, with its improvement to the public realm. The area will be landscaped to create welcoming public spaces which will fit with the major introduction of new parks in to Elephant & Castle.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE £1.5 BILLION, 170-ACRE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMME INCLUDE:
- A pedestrian-friendly town centre
- London’s largest new park
- A central market square
- 5,300 new homes in six ‘character areas’
- 50+ new shops and restaurants
- 1,200 new trees
- 6,000 new jobs
- £30 million investment in transport improvements
- £1.5 million investment in local schools
In total, Elephant & Castle will benefit from two million square feet of new commercial and leisure space.
Parks & open spaces
Elephant Park - London’s largest new park over 70 years in the heart of the Elephant
Phase 1 – Elephant & Castle Town Centre redevelopment and private rental sector apartments
Southwark Play House – proposal to be relocated in the new Tower 360
Phase 2 – Elephant & Castle Town Centre redevelopment. This comprises the existing 1960’s shopping centre, that was acquired by Delancy and Dutch pension fund APG in November 2013. The new owners are preparing a detailed planning application to demolish the existing buildings and redevelop a new retail and leisure led town centre project around the public transport hub and with residential above.
Leisure Centre and 25 metre swimming pool
The residential tower at TWO FIFTY ONE is accessed through the ground floor stunning reception area which is staffed at all times with 24-hour concierge. Behind the concierge is the ground floor “Get Connected” business and leisure space.
To the west of the residential tower is a residents’ landscaped garden linking to the neighbouring eight-storey commercial tower which houses the Coffee Table Café on the ground floor.
The surrounding environment has been landscaped with trees, pedestrian areas and public spaces. Growing on the entire eastern vertical façade of the commercial building is a ‘living wall’, comprising of a cascade of trailing plants and shrubs.
The entrance to the apartments and offices at TWO FIFTY ONE on Southwark Bridge Road, conveniently adjacent to the entrance is the fashionable The Table restaurant fronting Newington Causeway.
The reception space of TWO FIFTY ONE comprises a large area for meeting and greeting guests, focused on the white terrazzo reception desk manned with 24-hour concierge. Reception leads on to the four passenger lift lobby where the high-speed passenger lifts access the residential floors, and the 3rd floor residents’ amenities. To the left is the residents’ garden, which leads to the neighbouring 8-storey commercial building and Coffee Table café.
THE ‘ GET CONNECTED ’ LOUNGE
Overlooking the private residents’ garden is the ‘Get Connected’ Lounge, a business/leisure space behind the ground-floor reception area. With Wi-Fi service here (and throughout the building), the ‘Get Connected’ Lounge is a principal meeting point for residents and their guests.
Looking back towards the ‘Get Connected’ Lounge, the residents’ garden is a peaceful green space that connects TWO FIFTY ONE to the neighbouring 8-storey commercial building.
THE COFFEE TABLE
The Coffee Tabel café, spills over into the residential gardens, providing drinks and snacks all day.
THE Table Restaurant
The Table restaurant is part of a fashionable London-based group of dining venues, offering eclectic menus, all-day and evening service. Light, airy and spacious, the restaurant is open for residents and the public
THIRD FLOOR AMENITIES
The residents’ amenities are situated on the third floor of TWO FIFTY ONE and includes a lounge/multifunctional meeting space and adjoining business/ meeting room. There is also a private 11-seater cinema, which is available for private hire.
Leisure Room & Thermal Suite
The third floor Thermal Suite comprises gymnasium and other well-being facilities.
COMPUTER GENERATED IMAGES :
1. Lounge/meeting space
2. 11-seater cinema
Making intelligent use of generous studio space, these apartments include a large living and dining area with ergonomically designed fitted kitchen featuring a range of premium-quality Siemens appliances. The adjoining double bedroom includes fitted wardrobes and an en suite shower-room.
1 BED ROOM APARTMENT WITH WINTERGARDEN
With spacious living room and separate kitchen and dining area, 1 bedroom apartments include an en suite double bedroom with dressing area that includes fitted wardrobes. The living room opens onto the wintergarden to create further space for entertaining and relaxation.
2 BEDROOM APARTMENT
2 bedroom apartments benefit from a large L-shaped sitting room and dining space, with adjoining fitted kitchen. The master bedroom suite has an en suite shower-room and fitted wardrobes. The second bedroom also has fitted wardrobes, and there is a family bathroom. The living room opens onto the wintergarden to create further space for entertaining and relaxation.
3 BEDROOM APARTMENT
Enjoying the added space of wintergardens, 3 bedroom apartments are exceptionally accommodating, and have particularly stunning views of the London skyline.
Beautifully appointed and with spacious bedrooms (all have fitted wardrobes), they also offer complementing en suite facilities and a large living area with adjoining dining space and kitchen.
TWO FIFTY ONE is a stunning 41-storey tower which has been designed by award-winning Southwark architects, Allies & Morrison. Amenity spaces and apartments at TWO FIFTY ONE have been created to effortlessly combine contemporary style, beautiful materials and bespoke finishes.
Special attention has been given to the quality of lighting, appliances, fixtures and fittings. Individual items have been chosen for both their aesthetics and durability – and careful thought has been given to creating an overall finish that demonstrates harmony, balance and proportion in an eco-friendly and sustainable manner.
- Reinforced concrete frame on reinforced concrete-piled foundations
- Modern construction of glazing and specialist factory-finished white pre-cast concrete
- Aluminium double-glazed windows
- Curtain-wall glazing system to top-floor apartments
- Concrete floor construction built to the latest acoustic requirements
- Glazed sloping roof to top-floor apartments
GROUND FLOOR ENTRANCE HALL AREA
- Automated glazed sliding entrance doors
- Terrazzo stone flooring with stainless-steel insert strips
- Floor-to-ceiling colonnades
- European oak feature cladding to walls and ceilings within concierge area
- Framed bespoke paintings exclusively commissioned for TWO FIFTY ONE
- Stainless steel-finish lift doors
- Lift access to all apartment floors
- Secure mail-boxes for each apartment within lift lobby
- Wool-mix carpets
- European oak feature wall opposite lifts with bespoke floor-level indicators
LIVING/ KITCHEN/ DINING AREAS
- Bespoke-designed contemporary German engineered kitchens with TWO FIFTY ONE detailing
- Range of modular wall and base units, some with concealed drawers
- All kitchen units have recessed aluminium slot-handle inserts, soft-close drawers and door hinges
- White high-gloss wall units, matt-grey base units and contrasting carcasses
- Stone work-surfaces with matching full-height splash-backs
- Concealed LED lighting to underside of wall units
- Under-mounted stainless steel sink with chrome-finish tap
- Integrated Siemens appliances (which vary by apartment): 4-burner ceramic touch-control hob, extractor fan, electric multi-function oven, dishwasher, fridge freezer
- Separate built-in microwave ovens for 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Studio and 1 bedroom apartments have combination microwave ovens.
- Combined washing machine/tumble dryer located in separate utility cupboard
- Conveniently located storage cupboards within kitchens or corridor areas, discreetly housing heating system components, washer/dryer and additional storage space
- Parcel storage services provided by concierge
- Fully enclosed glazed wintergardens are included within the majority of the apartments
- Full-height glazing is provided to all external sides and joined to the living area by sliding glass doors
- Porcelain timber-effect plank-tiled flooring
- Lighting and power supply provisions
- Wool-mix carpets to bedrooms
- Fitted wardrobes (where indicated on floor plans) with timber veneer-finish doors and bespoke contrasting solidwood routed-handle inserts
- Chrome-finish clothes rail within wardrobe, with shelf above
- Front doors: oversized solid-core entrance door with side panel to each apartment
- Internal doors: tall high-quality solid-core doors
- Engineered oak flooring laid in herringbone pattern to hallways, kitchens and living areas
- High-quality fittings throughout, in brushed stainless steel
- Emulsion-painted ceiling and internal walls
- Eggshell-painted skirting and architraves throughout
HEATING HOT WATER & VENTILATION
- Independent thermostaticallycontrolled underfloor heating to all rooms and living spaces (excluding the wintergardens)
- Individually-metered system provides heating and hot water from the development’s central plant
- Whole-house fresh air mechanical ventilation
- Energy-efficient LED downlighters throughout
- Dimmable lighting to living areas of all apartments
- Provision for lamps to be connected to 5-amp wall sockets in living areas (also applies to master bedroom of 3-bedroom flats)
- Brushed stainless steel electrical sockets and switch-plates, where exposed
- Pre–wiring to Cat 6 data sockets in all rooms, enabling multi-room broadband and data system connection
- Cabling for Sky+ to reception room and all bedrooms
- Main living areas/bedrooms 2450mm floor-to-ceiling height
MANAGEMENT & SECURITY
- Guest sign-in via concierge
- Card access to lifts for residents only
- Secure by Design
- CCTV monitoring to entrance doors and ground-floor areas of the whole development
- Hard-wired door entry phone
- CCTV Secure video direct link to the concierge
- Multi-locking system to front door of each home
- Interconnected mains supply smoke/ heat detection system with battery back-up to each home
- Four elevators, two of which are dedicated to floors 19 and above
- A bicycle lift, providing access to basement cycle stands
- Ground-level areas laid out and finished with a combination of architect-designed hard and soft landscaping, with feature lighting and seating
LIFE STYLE AMENITIES
- 24-hour staffed reception and security
- Concierge services
- Cinema club
- ‘Get Connected’ Lounge
- Residents’ gymnasium/thermal suite
- Residents’ multifunctional/ entertaining space
- Contemporary restaurant
- Café-bar on ground floor of adjoining commercial building
- 10-year new home warranty
- 999-year lease
- Dedicated bicycle bay within a secure basement
- Sustainable Homes-compliant
- Italian marble flooring
- Satin-finish ceramic wall tiles laid in brick bond to all walls
- Stone mosaic feature tiling above vanity top
- Stone vanity top
- Part-mirrored vanity wall cabinet with integral shelving, lighting and shaver socket
- Duravit wall-hung WC with soft-close seat and dual-flush facility
- Duravit semi-recessed wash-basin with chrome-finish mixer and spout
- Apartments with baths have high-quality white bathtubs, chrome-finish bath-filler, fixed ceilingmounted shower head, additional hand shower and glass shower screen
- Apartments with showers have high-quality glass shower screen, chrome-finish thermostatic controls, ceiling-mounted shower heads, and additional hand shower
*PLEASE NOTE : All apartment images contained in this brochure are CGI’s. The CGI’s, photography, illustrations, site plan, draft specification and floor plans shown in this document are indicative only and could be liable to change.